Looking for things to do in Roatan, Honduras? Here are a few ideas:
REAL ESTATE TOURS
Discover the island at its fullest with our personalized Century 21 real estate tours, for FREE. Become acquainted with all or parts of Roatan at your leisure. Learn about its history and the best deals out there. Make your dream of living a Caribbean lifestyle a reality today. Please Contact Us for more information or read on for additional activities.
DIVING, SNORKELING, FISHING
The stunning Caribbean Sea at our door step gives us the luxury of offering a number of different aquatic activities. Diving is without a doubt the most sought after activity on the island. The second largest barrier reef that lines our shores is filled with a medley of aquatic life that lures divers from near and far. Interested in diving but never done it before? No worries, come on down and we will help you get certified in as little as three days. Not a diver? No problem, Roatan is home to some of the most spectacular snorkeling you will ever experience. Take one of our tours, where we kayak our way along the enchanting coral reef and enjoy the panoramic costal views, then discover the waters below through a guided snorkeling tour.
Fishing is also a very popular activity on the island and whether it is flats fishing, bottom fishing or deep sea fishing, we can set you up to have that experience that will last forever. Hook up and land that big marlin or Wahoo you have been dreaming of. We also offer private boat charters for all you avid boaters that love to see the beauty from the water. So come on down and experience the Caribbean See the way it’s supposed to be.
Dolphin programs at the Roatan Institute for Marine Sciences offer the rare opportunity for divers and snorkelers to interact with dolphins on the mammal’s own initiative. Choose from an open-water dive with dolphins where you can observe them in their natural habitat, or the dolphin snorkel which provides more opportunity for physical contact. For those who prefer to stay in waist-deep water, the dolphin beach encounter is a popular option.
For more information about dolphin programs at Anthony’s Key, go to their website.
ZIP LINE CANOPY TOURS
Fun & Adventure – there are canopy tour companies operating in various locations around Roatan. Picture yourself flying through the treetops with a bird’s eye view of the island’s lush vegetation and breathtaking ocean views. Tours are for anyone over the age of five in moderate physical condition.
Just minutes away from our Office in Parrot Tree Plantation, the Black pearl golf course is now under construction. They will offer the first and only golf course on the island. The this 18 hole championship course is being designed by the world renowned designers Pete and Perry Dye. Golfers at The Pearl will discover the beauty of the Islands natural resources, spectacular views and the challenge of a championship course. Visit their website for complete information about the services they offer.
Bay Islands Airways offers a variety of Seaplane Adventure Packages to choose from. Experience the beautiful Bay Islands from the air in an open cockpit, multi-engine seaplane.
Extended Island Tour – travel the entire coast of Roatan, Barbareta and Pigeon Cays with awe-inspiring views of the reef and the islands’ picturesque shoreline. Unforgettable!
Full-service Charter Flights – services include direct air service to your favorite dive or fishing sites, aerial photography, whale shark watching, or just let your imagination fly! (Experienced divers only for remote dive site flights)
Visit their website for complete information about the services they offer.
One of the little known treasures on Roatan is Sherman Arch’s Iguana Farm. The Iguana Farm is located along the main paved road in French Key, just past the French Harbor turn off when you are traveling east. Sherman started his Iguana Hideout about 18 years ago. Today, about 2700 iguanas roam freely about his property! The farm is a family operation now with four children and a wife who help with the feeding and care of the iguanas. Feeding time is early afternoon and it is the best time to arrive if you want to handle the iguanas. Check this place out, kids and adults of all ages are welcome. Open daily 8 AM to 4 PM. Telephone 2445-7743. Website is under construction.
El Rancho Barrio Dorcas and Roatan Horse Riding & Eco-Tours offer tours through the beaches, jungles, mangroves, flatlands and iron shores of the Island. There experienced teams use well kept horses and offer morning, daytime, sunset, or full moon rides. Visit their websites for complete information about the services they offer.
Come and get a taste of True Caribbean Cuisine. This is a peaceful venue for meeting new friends or just enjoying the beautiful variety of sceneries in company of old. The options are endless. Whether sitting on white powder sand beach, over the water as the waves crash beneath your feet, on top of a high hill with views as far as your eyes can see, or within breath-taking Resorts, you will have the most pleasurable experience.
Here are a few options to get you started:
- Palapa Bar & Grill – Parrot Tree Plantation
- Coffee House – Parrot Tree Plantation
- Cal’s Cantina – Second Bight/ East of Parrot Tree
- La Sirena – Camp Bay/ East of Parrot Tree
- Mi Gato Restaurant – Milton Bight – Ph: 9967-3803 (Reservations only)
- Herby’s Sport Bar – Pineapple Villas, French Harbour
- Gio’s Restaurant – French Harbour
- Casa Romeo’s – French Harbour
- Snappers Seafood House – French Harbour
- Frenchy’s 44 – French Cay
- Que Tal Café – Lawson Rock
- Rick’s American Café – Sandy Bay
- Lighthouse – West End
- Argentine Grill (arco iris) – West End
- Mayan Princess Beach Resort – West Bay Beach
- Mangiamo’s – West Bay Beach
- Glass bottom boat – West Bay
- Parasailing – West Bay
- Kayaking – West Bay Beach
- Paddle-boarding – West Bay Beach
- Jet skiing – West Bay and West End
- West End Night Life – West End
- Gumbalimba Park with a variety of Roatan’s Flora and Fauna – West Bay
- Butterfly Garden – Sandy Bay
- Carambola Gardens – Sandy Bay
- Blue Harbor Tropical Arboretum one of the most advanced hydroponic farms in Central Amercia – Mud Hole
- Souvenir shopping at Roatan Straw Market – Coxen Hole
- Maya Key – Coxen Hole
- Stray Cat Catamaran Sunset Tours – Brick Bay
- La Piña Spa – Pineapple Villas, French Harbour
- Dune buggies – French Harbour
- Little French Key Beach & Animal Zoo – French Cay
- Helicopter Tours – coming soon in Parrot Tree
- Native Garifuna Festival – Punta Gorda
- Mangrove Tours – Oak Ridge
- Local key excursions: Pigeon Key, Cayos Cochinos, and others
- Shopping Tours
- Plain relaxing and kicking back